They keep on coming – adverts that ask you to send money to help poor children in places like India.
And, as I have commented, all this does it to maintain the leaders in lavish wealth.
In India, the root cause of poverty is Hinduism, which maintains a cruel class system based on the idea that some are more worthy to live than others... it is their place in life to keep the rich rich.
Three thousand years ago the fair-skinned Aryans (the ideal according to Hitler) invaded India, where skins were much darker. To make sure their blood-lines were not 'contaminated' by the indigenous population, the Aryans invented the still-used caste system, with themselves as the highest.
Just 5% of the castes are of this highest group, the Brahmins. The remaining 95%, the 'untouchables' or Dalit, are the lowest of the low... they are considered to be unclean or worthless. The others in this evil system of the lowest caste, are the OBC's (Other Backward Castes). Though slightly higher than the Dalits, they are still separate from the Brahmins, and are just as poor as the Dalits.
Hinduism strictly keeps this cruelty going and so 95% of the population are poor because of this godless religion. And even when Brahmins emigrate to the West their mind-set is the same.